Thursday, December 9, 2010

Exit Slip 12.9.10

Ella's 10th grade Spanish class relies heavily on technology integration in the classroom to promote comfort with various types of language portrayed through the web, media, and technological world.

Here are 3 different ways that I will integrate technology in Ella's (Dr. Boyer's daughter) Spanish class:

1. Media usage- Movies, video clips, songs, podcasts for various language activities.
2. Computer and web- Research for papers and presentations. Blogs for writing practice. Presentation programs like prezi, animoto, vuvox, etc. Wikis for classroom management. Screencasting websites for research projects. Jog the web.
3. Language programs- Assist in language learning, further outside instruction.

*Good idea* (Language classes) Beginning of year, middle of the year, end of the year. Readings, audio recordings to document progress & improvements. As a language teacher, I think this is a great idea! I plan to use this for both my Spanish and ESL classes so that I have documentation of their progress as well as so they can see their progress and examine areas that they need work on.

My thinking about technology's role in teaching and learning hasn't really changed that much over the semester. I have always thought technology to be a integral part of life and society and it just makes sense to bring it's efficiencies and learning opportunities into the classroom. I have however, learned a lot more ways to incorporate technology, and how to use it in different ways to reach various audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment